Monday, December 5, 2011

Santa's Secret...

So I'm completely in an odd frame of mind today, maybe the fact that I couldn't fall asleep last night so in turn I woke up late. And the weather is not all that grand either but it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, you know except for that glorious powder that makes everything shine, even if only for a couple hours before it becomes brown muddy sludge.  Yes it's true I have lived in a land far far away that received a pretty good dose of the good stuff.  I'll never forget I was 19 and the first good snow we received I called in to work to let them know I wasn't going to be in on account of the snow.  See in Houston a couple flurries and everything goes haywire.  Anyhow the gal kind of snickered at me, so I asked "well who all is there?"  Much to my surprise the whole office diligently made their way into the office.  Needless to say I had to go out and practice my snow driving skills that day!

I have done things a bit differently this year with the whole Christmas shopping gig, I decided to shop online.  Two days before Thanksgiving I was shouting from the rooftops that I was practically done with all my gift giving.  Yesterday I began to sort through the packages that have already been delivered, and I must say I am more confused this year than in years past.  See when you go to those crazy hectic stores at least you have the item in hand right then and there.  I'm so worried I'm going to actually overspend this year because I feel like there is so much more to get.  I even got this wonderful gift giving app for my phone but there's one catch you have to type in the information in order for it to be accurate, when oh when will the day come when these lovely apps' will read my mind?  I really don't think that's too much to ask.  Hey maybe that will be my million dollar idea!  Now I just have to learn crazy amounts of technology, figure out the whole process of the mind and how that data can be transported, hey it could happen, in the far far far far far off future!

Then there's the whole nonsense of my secret Santa gift for one of my coworkers.  In my online shopping adventures I saw this great art piece that was the low low price of $150, uh wow a little more that our cap of $25.  But I loved the piece and I got the brilliant idea of creating a replica of the art work for my friend.  I love how I think I'm so incredibly talented that I can make an exact replica of, oh let's say a Van Gogh.  Not really but let's just say my eyes were a little big and my bargain basement piece may just go over budget considerably.  Of course technically I can't claim a lot of the expense in the actual gift as they are supplies that I should be able to use again on my future endeavors.  I worked on it for the better part of yesterday and still have more to go, with our Christmas luncheon on Wednesday I'm a bit worried.  Tell me what you think here is the original and then my replica thus far.


OK and well now here's the kicker as I'm pulling up the original picture to show y'all I see a piece that I may absolutely adore much much more than the one I'm working on.  So do I scratch the one and paint over and start fresh tonight, or continue on my downward spiral into to abyss of something I'm just not that crazy about or bust out a new original Sam piece?

I LOVE this so much more because it has much more of the Chicago flair and maybe the fact that the other one has LSD in huge letters across it which is totally throwing me off.



No comments:

Post a Comment